photo SC_02_zps9847c99a.gif photo SC_03_zps1e7211ee.gif photo SC_04_zps120f8a6e.gif photo SC_05_zpsad6de116.gif photo SC_06_zps62675e2e.gif

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Life's Little Lessons.


Hello beautiful people!
It's day 23 of the challenge.
I know I didn't blog yesterday but quite honestly,
I just didn't feel like ranting about anything.

I'm not sure it's a bad thing...
that I chose not to rant.
Sure, there were things I could have
picked that really bother me and sure, 
maybe it would have been nice to rant.
But I dunno, I just wasn't in a ranting mood.
So I didn't.

Today we're discussing..

things you've learned that school won't teach you

Oh wow.

I learned a lot in school.
You know, all the really necessary stuff
like, how to find the symbolism in
Lord of the Flies, how to find the tangent of z,
how to find the absolute value,
and of course, all the kings and queens of
England for the past 4,000 years.

Stuff I really get to apply in my everyday life.
But seriously, looking back at high school it's amazing how little I actually knew.
Here's some of the things I think are the most important learnings of my adult life.


Being a bad communicator can be your downfall.

I've pretty much learned this through my relationship with my husband.
I've talked a lot on this blog about how he came along and saved me from my
awful communication skills. Now I see how much that could have screwed me up
in my everyday life. Not just in my relationship.
If people don't know how you're feeling or what you want to say,
well, then they definitely can't help you out.

Your pets can make your day. Everyday.

Ok, maybe I've know this one for a long time,
but I definitely didn't learn it in school.

EVERYONE will never like you.

Did that make sense?
I spent my entire high school career worried
about what other people were thinking about me.
Even now, I'm a huge people pleaser.
But I think I've come to grips with the fact that not
everyone is going to like me. And that's ok.

Just because you're good at something doesn't mean it's always easy.

I'm still learning this one.
It's hard to understand that just because you have a talent
for something doesn't mean that it's going to be easy.
Some days it'll come easy, others it will be like pulling teeth.
It's just the natural ebb and flow of life.
Easy, then hard, easy, then hard.

Here's a great example of this life lesson.
I think I'm a pretty decent writer.
I enjoy writing. But it doesn't always come easy.
I ALWAYS have difficulty ending my posts.
Do I do a brief summary?
Do I just cut it off?
Do I sign it like a letter?
Ugh! I just never know.

So for today I'll just say,
Until tomorrow!
 photo SCsig_zpsb6d24705.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I can completely relate to the people pleasing thing. I still try. I still think about what everyone else's perception of me is. It makes life miserable...I am with you. Knowing everyone won't like you and still trying...life! Ah!!

    ReplyDelete