photo SC_02_zps9847c99a.gif photo SC_03_zps1e7211ee.gif photo SC_04_zps120f8a6e.gif photo SC_05_zpsad6de116.gif photo SC_06_zps62675e2e.gif

Friday, May 3, 2013

Everyday in May Challenge, Day Three.



Oh yea, it's day three and I'm going strong!!
The everyday in May challenge, day three topic is...
Things that make you uncomfortable. 
Oh geez.
Here we go.
When people stand really close to you when they talk.
I don't mean when someone leans over to whisper something to you. I'm talking when someone is having a regular conversation with you and they put their face like, 6 inches from your face. And no matter how much you back away, they close the gap and end up 6 inches away from you. Why do we need to stand that close? I can hear you perfectly fine from 2 feet away.
Being in front of a lot of people.
I hate, hate, HATE being the center of attention. I was nervous for my wedding day and bridal shower solely because of the fact that everyone would have their eyes on me. I've played the piano since I was five but when someone asks me to play for them I have a small panic attack.  I usually won't play well in front of people because I'm so nervous that I over think everything and my hands are shaking!
Watching anything that has a scene involving open water.
So, I have this really irrational fear open water. I don't mean irrational like it's not a legit fear because it is.  There's all kinds of evil creatures lurking beneath the ocean's surface. I mean irrational because I convince myself that those evil creatures are lurking in places like lakes in the middle of Connecticut or right near the shore in the ocean.

I don't go in the ocean or lakes. Anything where I can't see the bottom or touch the bottom makes me uncomfortable. It's such a bad fear that if I'm watching a movie or a TV show with a scene where someone is swimming in open water I feel uncomfortable. Like, physically uncomfortable. I actually get a nervous feeling in my stomach and I get all squirmy.  I just hate it!
Confrontation.
I am not the person that starts a conversation on anything.  I am the person who will let things slide just so we don't have to talk about them.  It makes me feel uncomfortable and usually I feel like I'm hurting someone's feelings if I tell them about something that they did wrong or that I didn't like.  Just as an example, I usually don't even like to say anything if something is wrong with my food at a restaruant. I will say something if there's meat in it because, obviously I can't eat that.  Otherwise, I leave it to my husband to say something.
Expressing my feelings out loud.
Yup. I was one of those people. Those people who don't even like to say 'I love you' to someone. I'm not very good at expressing how I feel even if it's to say something good.  Luckily, Jeremie came along and taught me that that's not ok. Because people need to hear what you think of them. I mean, unless it's something really inappropriate. Then no one needs to hear it.  But telling someone you love them? That's something everyone should be able to do and I'm still working on this.  I'm a lot better than I used to be but definitely not perfect.  I will usually look away from Jeremie when I tell him something and sometimes he still has to drag it out of me but hey, at least I'm saying something!
Being alone. Anywhere.
I HATE being alone.  I've been this way since I was a little kid, as far as I can remember. When I was in high school I thought it was a normal high school thing and I would probably grow out of it.  But I still can't stand walking into anything by myself.  Even at work events where I am friends with all my other coworkers, I still like to show up with another coworker and then once I'm there I'm fine. Weird, right?

So, spill. What makes you guys uncomforatble?

Tomorrows topic will be - Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it
 photo SCsig_zpsb6d24705.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment