photo SC_02_zps9847c99a.gif photo SC_03_zps1e7211ee.gif photo SC_04_zps120f8a6e.gif photo SC_05_zpsad6de116.gif photo SC_06_zps62675e2e.gif

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Just Say It!!!

So, you want my advice?
I actually thought really long and hard about this post,
but it seems like no matter what I come up with it sounds super cliche.

So I've decided to just deal with it and pick my favorite piece of completely cliche advice.

My advice is definitely to say whatever you need to say.
Don't be scared of what other people are going to think or
what other people are going to say when you're not around.

I mean, don't go around saying completely inappropriate things all the time.
But if you wanna tell someone how you feel,
whether it's good or bad,
say it.

Keeping in mind that there's always a time and place for everything, 
if you've thought it through and you just have to get it off your chest,
then just do it.

This is something I'm still working on.
I am a quiet person. It's just my nature. It's who I am.
But I used to spend so much time worrying about what other people think,
or being self conscious that I would never say the important things.

If you've read my blog you know I've talked about communication in relationships before, 
and you know that I credit my husband with teaching me the proper way to communicate.
I never even used to be comfortable saying 'I love you'. 
And looking back on that now, I just think it's so sad. 

 
I spent all that time just worrying and being afraid of what someone might say back to me
that I didn't even say the good things I was thinking.

So now I try and turn that around.
I'm a lot better in my relationship with Jeremie,
but I still need to work on feeling comfortable voicing my opinions to other people.

I think it's so important to have a voice, to speak up, and to be heard.
So, like John Mayor said, say what you need to say.
Don't hold back!


Tomorrow I'll tell you about - 
A moment in your day (this can be just a photo or both a photo and words)


 photo SCsig_zpsb6d24705.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I had a hard time with this prompt as well. I thought about it all day long and finally posted in the last five minutes of the day (and then just scheduled it so that it looked like I posted earlier..)

    ReplyDelete