photo SC_02_zps9847c99a.gif photo SC_03_zps1e7211ee.gif photo SC_04_zps120f8a6e.gif photo SC_05_zpsad6de116.gif photo SC_06_zps62675e2e.gif

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things.


It's Wednesday and that means it must be time for some wedding talk!  Linking up with Cheltee and Kelly today for the Newlywed Blog Hop and this week's question is.....

drum roll please.......


What was your favorite part of your wedding?

And I can't believe they are asking that!!  Are we really asking a bunch of girls to pick the best part of their wedding?!  And more importantly, is that really possible?! I'm not sure it is.

Nonetheless, I'm going to be a good blogger and try and answer this question to the best of my ability.

I LOVED my wedding.  There really isn't anything I would change about it but here were some of my absolute favorite things about my wedding (I'll try and keep it to the top three five):

The coziness:

I know, I know.  We're in a giant wedding venue with 100 of our closest friends.  How cozy could it really be?  But our venue was so rustic and warm feeling and it wasn't spread out.  Everything was compact without it being uncomfortable. So once everything came together and the room was filled with excited wedding-goers, it really felt cozy.  It felt like home with all of our friends and family by our sides.

Our wedding party:

Our wedding party was freaking amazing.
And that's all I have to say about that.

Saying my vows to my husband:

When we were planning our wedding I wanted traditional vows while Jeremie wanted to write our own.  I explained to him that if I wrote my own vows and actually tried to say them out loud I would be such an emotional wreck that you wouldn't even understand what I was saying.  So, I of course politely asked demanded we have traditional vows.

In the end we ended up doing both and I'm so happy we did because it is a standout moment for me.  Was I an emotional wreck?  Hell yes.  But there is nothing like letting go and telling the person you love most how you feel about them and letting everyone else hear it.

My dad doing Gagnam Style:

Actually, everyone doing Gagnam Style.  I still think of my wedding every time I hear that song and I think it will always remind me of that night.  And you know what?  I'm ok with it.  It was a hilarious moment that I can't explain in words but I'll never forget it!

The weather:

This is a weird thing to appreciate since it poured on my wedding day.  And I'm not just talking showers and a passing thunderstorm.  It was typhoon season in Connecticut that day.  But I think it was a blessing in disguise because Jeremie and I both agreed that we liked the ceremony better inside than we would have outside.  Our venue just did a great job of setting everything up and it was so cozy and warm and comforting.  And we still got outside to take some pictures.  What else can you ask for?

So I'm gonna take a second and pat myself on the back for limiting the list to only five things.
Way to go, me!

Hope you guys enjoyed!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment