photo SC_02_zps9847c99a.gif photo SC_03_zps1e7211ee.gif photo SC_04_zps120f8a6e.gif photo SC_05_zpsad6de116.gif photo SC_06_zps62675e2e.gif

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Maybe It's a Problem.

Hi, I'm Stacy and I am addicted to homemade granola bars.
There.  I said it.

Ok, I know it's only been a week since I made my first batch of homemade granola bars but I swear I'm totally addicted to them now.  I've got all these ideas for awesome granola bars running around in my head but I can't try them all at once because, well, my husband and I can't eat that many granola bars.  But I'm still bursting with ideas and all I want to do is make awesome granola bars.

Tomorrow will be my first day back at school in 13 days {!!!!} and I think that will help - or at least prevent me from making four batches of granola bars at the same time.  In all my snow days I've had a lot of time to think and get projects done and get new ideas for new projects.  Seriously, my DIY list is about 3 feet long at this point. 

Anyway, I think you know where this is going.  In my final hours of freedom today I made another batch of granola bars.  I'm calling them: 

Died And Went To Heaven Death By Chocolate Granola Bars.   
Too long?  


Here's what you'll need to make 'em:

2 cups quick oats
1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
2 cups crushed Oreos
2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey (or anything sweet and sticky that comes from bees, trees or flowers)
1/2 tsp. Vanilla

How you make 'em:

First, grab an 8x8 baking dish, cover with foil and lightly grease it.

Next, combine your quick oats, Rice Krispies Cereal, crushed Oreos and 
1 cup of chocolate chips in a bowl.  Mix thoroughly and set aside.

In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and honey.  Cook on medium heat until it starts to bubble.  Lower heat and continue to cook for two minutes.  

While that is cooking, place 1/2 cup chocolate chips into a saucepan.  Cook on low heat until it's completely melted, stirring constantly.

After the sugar mixture has cooked for 2 minutes, remove from heat and add vanilla.
Add melted chocolate to sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.

Pour the sugar mixture onto the oats mixture and mix until everything is thoroughly coated. 

Pour the mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly.  Place a piece of foil on top and press down firmly so that the mixture is packed tightly and evenly.  Remove foil.

In a saucepan, melt the final cup of chocolate chips. 
Drizzle over the top of granola mixture.
Place the pan in the fridge for at least 30 min. (I like to keep it in for a couple hours)
Cut into bars. 
Serve
Devour.

Be forewarned, these granola bars are more like candy bars so if healthy is what you're looking for, these probably aren't for you.  But if chocolaty goodness is what you're looking for, search no more! You've found what you're looking for.

On a completely different note this is my 50th post!  Woohoo! 
I'm seriously enjoying every second I put into the blog and everyone has been so supportive.
Thank you all so, so, so much for reading!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment