photo SC_02_zps9847c99a.gif photo SC_03_zps1e7211ee.gif photo SC_04_zps120f8a6e.gif photo SC_05_zpsad6de116.gif photo SC_06_zps62675e2e.gif

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Italian Heaven - Mini Lasagnas.




It's been requested that I do a blog post on how to make these deliciously yummy mini lasagna's that I posted a picture of in my Instagramazing Weekend the other day.  And hey, what can I say?  I aim to please.  So here's the scoop on how to make these super easy little pieces of Italian heaven.  Enjoy!

 Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 package wonton wrappers (found in the produce section of the grocery store)
  • 1 small container Ricotta Cheese
  • 1 1/2 bags shredded Mozzarella
  • 1 jar tomato/marinara sauce
  • 1/2 lbs ground beef or Morning Star Crumbles if you're a vegetarian like yours truly!
  • Italian seasoning (optional)

What to do:

First you'll need to cook up your ground beef and feel free to use whatever seasoning you like best for it.  This meal is really great because as a vegetarian my husband and I usually have to have two separate meals but for this I can use Morning Star meatless crumbles and it doesn't add too much extra work. 

After you've cooked your ground beef or crumbles, grab a cupcake tin and spray with Pam or your choice of cooking spray.  Put a wonton wrapper in the bottom of each cupcake tin.  

Begin layering each one with the meat on the bottom, then a scoop of ricotta, marinara, Italian seasoning (if you want - I don't really like it in mine) and finish it off with some shredded mozzarella.  

Place a wonton wrapper on top of all of this and press around the edges so that it's firmly on top of the lasagna.  Place a small scoop of marinara on top and then cover with more mozzarella. 

Pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes at 350.  Let them sit for five minutes after them come out of the oven and you're ready to eat.  They should come out nice and easy with a knife.

This recipe is really awesome and easy. I found it a while ago on Pinterest and just knew I had to try it! If you wanna check out the original post from Pinterest, you can view it here

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment