photo SC_02_zps9847c99a.gif photo SC_03_zps1e7211ee.gif photo SC_04_zps120f8a6e.gif photo SC_05_zpsad6de116.gif photo SC_06_zps62675e2e.gif

Thursday, March 7, 2013

I Came. I Saw. I Pinned. I Crafted.

I finally did it. 
I saw it.  
I pinned it (like a year ago).  
I crafted it.


I finally made a DIY card book for all the cards we got at our wedding.  Do you ever wonder what to do with all those cards you get?  On one hand, they are special.  They contain all these nice messages from your friends and family.  Everytime I throw out a card from someone I actually feel awful about it.  Like I'm throwing away a gift that they sent to me.

But then again, it's just a card. What am I going to do with all those old cards just laying around the house?  So for the most part I end up throwing old cards away.  But my wedding cards?   I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

So I saw this idea on Pinterest probably about a year ago.  I pinned it and swore I would do it with all my wedding cards.  Then we got married in October and I didn't have time for DIY after the wedding. 
I needed some time to destress and relax and I still had a lot of organizing/cleanup to do.

Then November came and went....and it's a busy month. 
You know?
Fall cleanup, mashed potato eating.  That sorta thing.
And then December came....and so did the holidays, and some other events and I just didn't have time for DIY gifts that weren't presents.
And then January came and there was no excuse. I was just lazy.
February....
 March...
And I finally had to put my foot down.  I was lazy and I was going to do something about it.

So I grabbed all my cards and whole punched them as I watched TV one night.  
I took two of the ribbons off my bridal shower bouquet and threaded them through all the cards.
Tied some nice bows.
And voila!  



A beautiful card book that I can forever keep all my wedding cards in. 
It was a little less compact than I thought it would be.
A lot less compact.
It's about 5 inches high?  So it may take me a little time to find a good place to keep it.
I counted.  We have 73 cards in the card book.
I had no idea when I started making it how many we had!
Nonetheless, it looks great and it's a creative way for us to save those memories from our wedding.


Have all your wedding cards just laying around?  I'd totally recommend this!
I also plan to start a Valentine's day one that I can add our cards to each year.
Because those are fun too ;)

1 comment: