photo SC_02_zps9847c99a.gif photo SC_03_zps1e7211ee.gif photo SC_04_zps120f8a6e.gif photo SC_05_zpsad6de116.gif photo SC_06_zps62675e2e.gif

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thriftable Thursday.

Could this truly be possibly?  I have absolutely nothing to post about for Thriftable Thursday this week!  This makes me so sad. Maybe that means it's time for a thrifting day?!  Hmmmm...

Don't get me wrong, I have tons and tons of thriftables sitting in my closet at this very moment but none of them are really worth highlighting.  I don't think anyone really wants to read about a plain old shirt that I got at Goodwill even if it did only cost me $2.

So instead of talking about an awesome piece of clothing I got for a ridiculously low price I'm going to talk about one of my absolute favorite things to look for at a thrift store.  Picture Frames.  I know, I know.  It sounds lame.  But when you get a mind-blowing deal on something, even if it's as lame as a picture frame, it's always an exciting experience. Well, it is to me anyway.

My go-to place to get picture frames always used to be T.J. Maxx because you can generally get 4 x 6 and 5 x 7 picture frames for under $10.  Not bad at all.  It really wasn't until I was shopping around for my wedding that I thought to check a thrift store because I wanted a lot of picture frames in all different sizes without spending a small fortune.

(Craig, if you're reading this, I apologize in advance.  You may even just want to stop reading)

The problem with shopping at a place like T.J. Maxx for picture frames is that if you want something larger than 5 x 7 you're probably going to spend more than $10.  Me, being the cheapo that I am, usually can't bring myself to spend more than $10 on a picture frame.  So, for my wedding I fell back on my good old friend Goodwill and also, my not so old but just as (if not more) reliable friend, Savers.

I made some really awesome finds in the process.  I got a ton of smaller sized picture frames for regular pictures, a picture board and some larger picture frames (the kind that usually hold artwork) for less than $50.  I used the larger picture frames to make chalk boards to put in various places around the reception.  Most of them actually came with artwork in them and I had to remove it before I could use them.  If I had purchased them in any other store I probably would have spent well over the $50 I spent at Goodwill and then I wouldn't have wanted to take the artwork out because I paid so much for it!


As usual, Goodwill saved my life and I am forever indebted to it. Next time you need a picture frame, check out Goodwill or your local thrift store first.  You'll be glad you did!






No comments:

Post a Comment