photo SC_02_zps9847c99a.gif photo SC_03_zps1e7211ee.gif photo SC_04_zps120f8a6e.gif photo SC_05_zpsad6de116.gif photo SC_06_zps62675e2e.gif

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Wedding Weekend!

This is a post that has been sitting, ready to go for 3 weeks now.  It was supposed to go up on December 15th, but for obvious reasons that didn't happen.  I've been excited to start posting some wedding craftables for a while now and I've been waiting to post this for so long that I'm extra excited about it!

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for my wedding photos so I could start blogging about all the DIY stuff I did for the wedding.  So, I'm pleased to announce I have my wedding photos back and I'm publishing the first official Siriusly Craftables Wedding Weekend!

J. Fiereck Photography, LLC
This weekend I want to highlight something really simple we did that was fun and helpful!  I LOVE Instagram, and let's be honest, who doesn't?  We knew there would probably be a bunch of Instagram pictures from the wedding and we really wanted to make sure we got them all.  So we, of course, did what any rational people would do - we made a hash-tag to go with our wedding!

In addition to my husband reading his vows from an iPad and my sister reading her toast from her iPhone, this was just another thing that really shows how much weddings in our generation have changed!

We posted our hash-tag on a board full of photos near the entrance to the reception, so that everyone could see it. The sign in the middle read "If you Instagram, use #Hitwedding.  We'd love to see your photos!"

Done and done.  It literally took me about 5 minutes to make and print this sign and I was able to get a bunch of fun Instagrams because of it. In all the chaos of planning a wedding it's so nice to have something that's actually easy to do!

While I'm highlighting this particular little project and because I'm such a huge fan of anything and everything thriftable, I'd just like to point out that I got this board from Goodwill for $2!  Honestly, this whole board probably cost me less than $10 to put together.  This DIY project is fun, simple and cost effective if you do it right and the Instagrams we got as a result are awesome!  Here are a few of my favorites.

Woohoo it's my wedding day!
Everything is ready to go! We had to move our ceremony
inside last minute because it was POURING outside!
Here we go!
A little fallish decor.
Our beautiful cake!  
And finally, the morning after breakfast!
What a crew!





No comments:

Post a Comment