photo SC_02_zps9847c99a.gif photo SC_03_zps1e7211ee.gif photo SC_04_zps120f8a6e.gif photo SC_05_zpsad6de116.gif photo SC_06_zps62675e2e.gif

Monday, April 22, 2013

Dear Spring.

I'm writing to inform you that it is, in fact, your time of the year.
It seems to me that you are missing an awful lot of days this year.
We got to see you briefly, for a couple of days, but since then we haven't seen you at all.

Where are you, Spring?
Are you on vacation?
Or sick?

If so, it seems like quite a bit of time to be taking off,
especially since you only work 3 months out of the year.

At my job, I get 21 sick days and only 3 vacation days.
And I work 10 months out of the year!
I would think that since you work for such a short period of time,
you would get far less sick or vacation time than you've been taking this year.

Or maybe it's not that at all.
Maybe you didn't get the memo that we are already in April.
Believe it or not, it's April 22nd already.
The 20's tells us we're getting pretty close to May. 
I mean, really we can basically just count April as done. Over.
And when you look at it that way, you really have taken quite a long break from work.

At my job, I get evaluated on my performance.
If I go through the whole year and don't teach my kids a single thing, 
I'm pretty sure I would get fired.
Let alone not showing up to teach my kids for the whole year.

Don't get me wrong, I know your job must be hard.
But everyone else seems to be doing just fine.
The Sun is doing a great job, making our day a little longer with each passing sunset.

But not you, Spring.
You just seem to be out to lunch.
Today the highest temperature I saw on my thermometer was 51.
It was down to 49 by the time I got home from work.
Last night I seriously had to consider covering my cool weather crops.
There was ice on my car this morning.

I think I've made my point here, Spring.
Both you and I know what needs to be done.
There just can't be anymore excuses, no matter how high the pollen count is.
You need to come to work.

Truthfully it's hard to get anything done without you around.
And it's not just me who feels that way.
The trees can't seem to get their leaves on as quickly as usual.
The flowers can't seemed to have wake up.
The lettuce and broccoli that want your comfortable Spring air 
can't get any vegetables produced without you.

We've all had those mornings when it's hard to wake up.
But as you can see, when one member of the team slacks off,
it effects everyone in the office.

So let's get our act together here, Spring.
Wake up and smell help the roses bloom.
It may be hard to come back to work, but look on the bright side...
In a month and a half you'll be on vacation for another nine months!

Hope to see you soon.
Your friend,
 photo SCsig_zpsb6d24705.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment