photo SC_02_zps9847c99a.gif photo SC_03_zps1e7211ee.gif photo SC_04_zps120f8a6e.gif photo SC_05_zpsad6de116.gif photo SC_06_zps62675e2e.gif

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thriftable Thursday!

It's Thursday and that means it time to share some siriusly thriftable stuff.  This week I'm showing off one of my all time favorite thrift store purchases.  It's a white knit slouchy hat.  Here's a shot:



I love this hat!  I bought this a Goodwill for just $1.  Yup, you heard me right.  ONE DOLLAR.  I know what you're thinking - hat shopping at a thrift store? Gross.  People can have lice and dandruff and who knows how often they cleaned their hair - but this hat was brand new.  Never worn.  Which makes the fact that I paid just a buck for it that much more amazing.

So this is what happened.  Several of the Goodwills in my area often have Target products in their stores.  I did a little research on this and found out that Goodwill will buys from Target's salvage materials. The salvage materials are things that are damaged, had the box open or the left over clearance items they can't sell.  Needless to say, this stuff is all brand new and perfectly useful.  I've spotted a ton of Merona (a Target brand) stuff in my area and I come across other Target brands every now and then.

Anyway, when I got my hat I was looking through a giant bin at Goodwill full of target items.  This is one downside to thrifting - you really have to be willing to dig.  So, I was digging and digging and I stumbled upon this hat.  I had been looking for a slouchy hat for a while and hadn't had much luck so I grabbed it right up and tried it on.

It was love at first sight but I had one problem.  The Goodwill tag said it was $6.  Sadly, that's a lot for me to pay for a hat, especially when it's from Goodwill.  But it didn't matter.  I had already made up my mind that I was getting it.  I couldn't part with it.  Then, a true miracle occurred - I went to the register to check out and my hat rang out at $1.  I was over the moon excited.

I've worn this hat countless times and I get tons of compliments on it.  People ask me all the time where I got it and I tell the truth as well as how much I paid for it.  I LOVE to see how people react when I tell them I only paid a dollar for it.

So, that's my thriftable Thursday this week.  My $1 slouchy hat from Goodwill, brand new originally from Target.  I'd call that a thrifting win.

No comments:

Post a Comment