photo SC_02_zps9847c99a.gif photo SC_03_zps1e7211ee.gif photo SC_04_zps120f8a6e.gif photo SC_05_zpsad6de116.gif photo SC_06_zps62675e2e.gif

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Who Goes There?

Hi everyone!  Welcome to my blog!  I want to take a minute or two to introduce myself and let you know what my blog is all about.  My name is Stacy.  I'm not really sure where to start so I suppose I'll start with why I started Craftables.  This is the first time I've ever had a blog but my second attempt at creating a blog - if that makes sense.

My roomate and I had planned to start one a while ago and things just didn't line up.  You know, life gets in the way sometimes.  Basically, I have a lot of hobbies and things that I enjoy doing and I think it would be fun to share with everyone and use this as my creative outlet.  So, I'm going to include a little bit about everything on this thing, including all the craftables that I love to make, my life as a teacher, my love of thrifting and so much more.  I'm always looking for new things to do and try so I'm gonna try and document that as I go.

This is one of our engagement photos by Marisa Pellerin Photography
So, a little more about me.  I just got married to my best friend in the whole world and I've never been happier.  I had a ton of fun planning our wedding and trying out a bunch of DIY things for it.  I will be sure to do some posts on my favorites.  Jeremie and I met in college when he was given to me as a gift at my 21st birthday party.  Yup, a gift.  Like, "happy birthday, stace, we knew most people would bring you some form of alcohol for your 21st birthday so we brought you a new boyfriend instead" - that kind of gift.  We all had a good laugh about it, but six years later and married, who's laughing now? So, we started dating and our life in college was pretty typical.....


Go to class, act ridiculous, go to the library, chill in the dorms, sleep, trip to Walmart for poor college student related items, eat Wendy’s, go to class, sleep, maybe study a little, hang out in the dorm, go to a concert sleep, study some more, sleep, chill, sleep, eat Wendy’s, sleep.  Ugh, I miss those days.

I graduated in 2008 when Jeremie was finishing up his sophomore year.  We were pretty head over heals at this point but we had two long years of living in separate states ahead of us.  We took our relationship seriously from the start, we worked hard at it, put it first and it paid off.  We're newlyweds and we've never been happier.  

Now we're living in our newly-wedded bliss with our two dogs Sirius and Orion (explains a little about the blog's title, huh?).  Right now, our dogs are like our children.  They are a huge priority in our lives so you will be hearing about them quite a bit and hopefully I'll be posting some fun DIY ideas that are centered around them.  

So, that's me in a nutshell.  Hopefully you'll keep reading and find out a little bit more about me and my crazy life in the process! Hope you have fun reading about some of my Siriusly craftable ideas!


My cute pups!  Sirius on the left, Orion on the right licking the left over cookies off his nose!







No comments:

Post a Comment